My emacs configuration, done in a literate programming fashion using org-mode
git clone git://git.shimmy1996.com/emacs.d.git
Author: Shimmy Xu <email@example.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2018 23:56:19 -0500
|M||README.org|| | ||40||++++++++++++----------------------------|
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README.org b/README.org
@@ -747,7 +747,7 @@ Install =company= and enable it globally.
Set delay for auto-completion. 0 would be too extreme and wastes CPU clocks apparently.
(setq company-idle-delay 0.01)
- (setq company-minimum-prefix-length 1)
+ (setq company-minimum-prefix-length 2)
** =yasnippet= Conflict
@@ -781,15 +781,6 @@ the only fix that I found that makes everything work as expected.
(global-set-key [tab] 'tab-indent-or-complete)
-** Removing =company-semantic= backend
-So, =cedet= has this thing called =semantic=, which sounds great and
-seems really clever, but it's slow. Usually using a backend specific
-for the language you're using provides more satisfying results.
- (with-eval-after-load 'company
- '(setq company-backends (delete 'company-semantic company-backends)))
** Tooltip Documentation
Install dependency =pos-tip=.
@@ -811,17 +802,21 @@ Install =company-quickhelp= and set delay, FG/BG colors, max lines.
** Backend Configurations
+Install =company-math= and add it to =company-backends=.
+Enable unicode symbol backend globally.
- (use-package company-math
- :ensure t)
+ (use-package company-math
+ :ensure t
+ :init (add-to-list 'company-backends
-Add it to =company-backends= when in =TeX-mode=.
+Enable math symbol backend only in =TeX-mode=.
(defun company-math-init ()
- (append '((company-math-symbols-latex company-latex-commands))
+ (append '((company-math-symbols-latex))
(add-hook 'TeX-mode-hook 'company-math-init)
@@ -837,21 +832,10 @@ Adding backends is handled by =company-auctex-init=.
Add =company-yasnippet= backend for =yasnippet= key completion.
-Keep this at the end to enable this for all backends.
- ;; Add yasnippet support for all company backends
- ;; https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/pull/179
- (defvar company-mode/enable-yas t
- "Enable yasnippet for all backends.")
- (defun company-mode/backend-with-yas (backend)
- (if (or (not company-mode/enable-yas) (and (listp backend) (member 'company-yasnippet backend)))
- (append (if (consp backend) backend (list backend))
- '(:with company-yasnippet))))
- (setq company-backends (mapcar #'company-mode/backend-with-yas company-backends))
+ (push '(company-semantic :with company-yasnippet) company-backends)
Emacs Speaks Statistics (ESS) is an add-on package for emacs text editors such as GNU Emacs and XEmacs. It is designed to support editing of scripts and interaction with various statistical analysis programs such as R, S-Plus, SAS, Stata and OpenBUGS/JAGS.